#1 New York Times bestseller
Over 1 MILLION COPIES sold!
Named one of Variety's Best Music Books of 2021 * Included in Audible's Best of The Year list * A Business Insider Best Memoirs of 2021 * One of NME's Best Music Books of 2021
From the beloved Foo Fighters front man and drummer of Nirvana, a collection of stories that have engaged, entertained, and astonished almost 2 million readers worldwide—featuring exclusive new content for the paperback…because there’s always more to the story.
Dave Grohl’s The Storyteller created a sensation when it was published and has gone on to sell over 2 million copies around the world. Readers praised the book for Dave’s heartfelt, authentic voice, his love of family and music, and the zest for life that pours from every page.
Since then, the world watched the Foo Fighters mourn the stunning loss of their bandmate and brother, Taylor Hawkins. Reeling the from the loss of his closest friend, something both shocking and all too familiar, Dave turned his energy towards music. The result is But Here We Are, Foo Fighters critically acclaimed eleventh studio album, filled with songs that examine grief from a multitude of angles, and the healing effect of perseverance. The album, called “a powerful, melodic work of mourning” by The Wall Street Journal shows Dave’s ability to create with the same zeal no matter the circumstance, spreading positivity doing what he loves most.
Now, in this deluxe paperback edition showcases Dave’s love of writing, but also his appreciation for his fans, offering a wide variety of extra content, much like an extended play album. New material includes:
- The story of when Dave first met Paul McCartney, previously an audiobook exclusive
- An essay on how Dave approaches creativity (here’s a hint: you don’t have to think outside of the box when you can just ignore the box altogether)
- A series of prompts to inspire readers to jump into their own creative pursuits
- Dave’s playlists for early morning pancake making, manning the grill, and getting behind the wheel and blasting the tunes
- An in-depth examination of the catalyst for five Foo Fighters favorites, what inspired the lyrics and how he feels about those songs now
The Storyteller has challenged what a music memoir can be. With this paperback, the legacy continues.