Parenting is the toughest job on the planet. Fortunately, Canadian parents have Ann Douglas to turn to as their guide. Using her trademark non-bossy approach to all of the perennial parenting hot topics, Douglas has pulled together the latest research on everything from teaching kids self-discipline to preventing power struggles within the family to encouraging kids to feel great about themselves. The result is an all-Canadian guide to raising healthy, happy kids a book no Canadian parent should be without.
THE MOTHER OF ALL PARENTING BOOKS DELIVERS:
- the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn't, and how your discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows older
- practical tips on teaching kids morals and values strategies for promoting healthy child-parent communication
- advice on avoiding parent burnout
- the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without smothering them
- the facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their kids
- research updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood depression, and other important health and safety issues
- tips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen years
- and a listing of Canadian resources.